Am I entitled to money off my Council Tax?

Eligibility criteria for Council Tax discounts, reductions, or exemptions

In some cases, you may be entitled to money off your Council Tax bill, or you may not have to pay Council Tax at all (called an exemption).

Before you begin, you will need your Council Tax bill to quote your account number for your application to be verified. Your Council Tax reference number is nine digits long and starts with a 9. If you pay by Direct Debit, you will also need your bank details to hand as part of the authentication process.

If you do not have a Council Tax reference number, because you have recently changed address, please complete our change of address form.

Please choose the option(s) from the In this section menu that best describes your situation. You will see more details and can use our online form to tell us your circumstances, so that we can recalculate your bill.