Single person's discount

Money off your Council Tax if you live alone

A full Council Tax bill is calculated on the basis that there are at least two people aged 18 or over living in the property. Where only one person over the age of 18 is resident, a 25% discount can be applied. This discount can only apply to your main home and not any second homes.

If you are already receiving a discount and another adult moves into the household, you must notify us within 21 days, clearly stating the date this change took place.