We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of your personal data. As a registered Data Controller (Reg. no. Z7118863) we comply with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR).
This notice provides information on how we collect, use and keep your personal information, and how we protect your privacy. Further information can be found in our Record of Processing Activity (ROPA).
This corporate privacy notice provides general information about the council’s personal data processing activities overall. As the range of services the council provides is so varied, we have also produced individual privacy notices for each service area, to explain specifically how your data will be used within each service.
As a Data Controller we must:
- Process your data in a lawful, fair and transparent way;
- Only collect your data for explicit and legitimate purposes;
- Only collect data that is relevant, and limited to the purpose(s) we have told you about;
- Ensure that your data is accurate and up to date;
- Ensure that your data is only kept as long as necessary for the purpose(s) we have told you about; and
- Ensure that appropriate security measures are used to protect your data.