Character area appraisals
What is a Character Area Appraisal?
On 10 December 2007 Eastleigh Borough Council adopted a Supplementary Planning Document entitled Character Area Appraisals, the document is made up of four separate volumes:
Bishopstoke, Fair Oak and Horton Heath
- Character Area Appraisal for Bishopstoke, Fair Oak and Horton Heath
- Map showing reference numbers for Bishopstoke, Fair Oak and Horton Heath
Bursledon, Hamble-le-Rice and Hound
- Character Area Appraisal for Bursledon, Hamble-le-Rice and Hound
- Map showing reference numbers for Hamble-le-Rice and Hound
Hedge End, West End and Botley
- Character Area Appraisal for Hedge End, West End and Botley
- Map showing reference numbers for Hedge End, West End and Botley
The appraisals provide guidance for prospective planning applicants to ensure that new development in the Borough is appropriate to its surroundings and helps to retain the character that gives each area its identity.
Have Any Other Areas Been Appraised?
In 2005 a character area study for Chandlers' Ford and Hiltingbury was published. This defines a number of areas in Chandler's Ford and Hiltingbury where the quality and distinctiveness of the local environment is such, that it deserves to be acknowledged when considering development proposals in those areas.
Other Character Area Appraisal documents
- Character Area Appraisal Adoption Statement - February 2008
- Sustainability Appraisal - assesses the impact of the above character appraisals
- Chandler's Ford and Hiltingbury Character Areas - Introduction
- Plan of the Chandler's Ford and Hiltingbury Character Areas
- Hiltingbury and Hocombe Park Special Policy Area
- Hiltingbury Road West
- North Miller's Dale
- Linden Grove
- Winchester Road South
- Scantabout and Peverells Wood
- Bournemouth Road Special Policy Area
- Velmore Road/Castle Lane
- Northdene Road/Southdene Road
- Weardale Road and Trevose Crescent