Adopted Local Plan
The Council adopted the Eastleigh Borough Local Plan Review (2001-2011) on 25 May 2006.
Under the new planning system introduced by the Planning & Compulsory Purchase Act 2004, its policies would have expired 3 years after adoption unless the Secretary of State issued a direction to save them. In November 2008 Eastleigh Borough Council submitted a list of proposed saved policies to the Secretary of State with a request that these should be saved until they can be replaced by the new local development framework.
This list included the majority of the policies in the adopted Local Plan. The Secretary of State issued a Direction on 14 May 2009 to save the majority of the policies as requested by Eastleigh Borough Council.
A copy of the Secretary of State’s Direction and the full schedule of saved policies can be seen below.
The saved policies of the adopted Local Plan are supplemented by more detailed guidance in adopted Supplementary Planning Guidance (prepared under the old planning system) and Supplementary Planning Documents (prepared under the new planning system).
Please note 'saved' policy 74.H (affordable housing) of the adopted Local Plan is affected by government guidance issued on 19 May 2016 and now only applies to development of more than 10 dwellings - see paragraph 31 in the Planning Practice Guidance.
The Adopted Local Plan
In accordance with the terms of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 it is only the saved policies of the Local Plan that remain valid. The supporting text of the Plan and those policies that were not saved do not now carry any weight. For completeness, however, the full text of the adopted Local Plan can be viewed via the links along the side of this page.
- Chapter 1: The Countryside (includes policies 1.CO - 20.CO)
- Chapter 2: Nature Conservation (includes policies 21.NC - 27.NC)
- Chapter 3: Environmental Sustainability (includes policies 28.ES - 51.ES)
- Chapter 4: Urban Renaissance and the Built Environment (includes policies 52.BE - 69.BE)
- Chapter 5: Housing (includes policies 70.H - 88.H)
- Chapter 6: Transport and Accessibility (includes policies 89.T - 107.T)
- Chapter 7: The Economy (includes policies 108.E - 124.E)
- Chapter 8: Town and Local Centres (includes policies 125.TC - 144.TC)
- Chapter 8 plans 21 - 28
- Chapter 8 plans 29 - 35
- Chapter 8 plans 36 - 41
- Chapter 8 plans 42 - 48
- Chapter 9: Public Open Space, Sport and Recreation (includes policies 145.OS - 158.OS)
- Chapter 10: Tourism and the Arts (includes policies 159.TA - 165.TA)
- Chapter 11: Conservation and Listed Buildings (includes policies 166.LB - 184.LB)
- Chapter 12: Community Facilities, Infrastructure and Developers' Contributions (includes policies 185.IN - 191.IN)
- Chapter 13: Implementation and Monitoring Performance Indicators and Targets
- Table A - Monitoring Targets and Implementation of Proposals
- Table B - Monitoring of Policy Objectives
- Glossary of Terms
The proposals maps of the Eastleigh Borough Local Plan Review (2001-2011) are shown below:
Our interactive map is made up of three layers of designations and policies
- Borough wide policies - designations and policies that apply to the whole plan area.
- Urban area policies - policies that apply within the particular urban area selected. These policies are not site specific.
- Site specific policies - policies that apply to the particular site selected.
For advice and information regarding the adopted Local Plan, please contact:
- Strategic Planning, Eastleigh Borough Council, Eastleigh House, Upper Market Street, Eastleigh SO50 9YN
- Email: email@example.com