Applying for roles at Eastleigh Borough Council
Please read this section before applying
Thank you for the interest that you have shown in working for us. We want to help you right through the application process and we hope the following information is helpful:
- You should look very carefully at the information we provide about the job to see what skills, experience and knowledge we are looking for and then tell us, in the application form, what you have done which matches our requirements. You should meet all or most of our essential requirements and ideally some of the desirable requirements.
- Please complete all parts of our online application form and submit by the advertised closing date.
- Please note that if you prepare text in Microsoft Word to cut and paste into your application form you may lose some or all of the formatting (eg, bullet points, paragraph spacing, indents, etc). You will therefore need to make any amendments necessary before submitting your form.
- It is really important that you spend time filling in the application form as comprehensively as possible to give yourself the best possible chance of being shortlisted.
- Please check your spelling and punctuation as this can be a deciding factor in whether or not you are shortlisted, if it is an essential requirement of the role.
- If you have a disability and are applying for one of our roles, you can find more information to support your application here.
We look forward to receiving your completed application form. Good luck!