Have you ever thought about an apprenticeship?
We have some great opportunities for proactive and keen individuals to join our team at Eastleigh Borough Council. Being an apprentice here at Eastleigh offers an exciting opportunity to earn money while you gain a nationally recognised qualification which will support your career ambitions. You'll develop your skills and knowledge through specific on-the-job training.
We can offer an enjoyable place to work - and you'll work in a supportive environment aided by a mentor and a workplace buddy, and surrounded by colleagues who really want you to succeed. You can opt for personal development and training opportunities, such as IT skills, that you can pursue alongside your apprenticeship qualification.
Your salary will be above the apprentice minimum wage - and we offer the following great benefits:
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays and an additional day's leave at Christmas
- Staff discounts including travel and at Places Leisure Eastleigh
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee support line
You can apply while you’re still at school. To start an apprenticeship, you’ll need to be:
- 16 or over by the end of the summer holidays
- living in England
- not in full-time education
The following apprenticeships will be available from the end of May:
- 2 x Level 3 Business Administration (day-release at Eastleigh College)
- 2 x Level 2 Horticulture (day release at Sparsholt College)
- Level 2 Vehicle & Plant Maintenance Apprenticeship (day-release, training provider to be confirmed)
- Level 2 Customer Services (combination of day release and assessor visits, PETA Training)
The jobs will be advertised here: National Apprenticeship Service
What our apprentices say:
“Working as an apprentice at Eastleigh Borough Council has been a fantastic experience. I was able to study for a Business Administration qualification, earn some money and gain experience in an office environment, as well as building a good rapport with colleagues and members of the public.” - Jamie, Customer Service Apprentice
“I enjoyed my Surveying apprentice role at Eastleigh Borough Council. As I progressed through my apprenticeship I learnt a lot about the industry which really helped me in class discussions with lecturers and peers at college, as well as allowing me to include real-life experience into my coursework.” - Pearl, Technical Assistant Apprentice
If you’d like more information – feel free to call us on 023 8068 8271, or email: email@example.com.