Applying for roles at Eastleigh Borough Council
Please read this section before applying
Thank you for the interest that you have shown in working for us. We want to help you right through the application process and we hope the following information is helpful:
- You should look very carefully at the information we provide about the job to see what skills, experience and knowledge we are looking for and then tell us, in the application form, what you have done which matches our requirements. You should meet all or most of our essential requirements and ideally some of the desirable requirements.
- Please complete all parts of our online application form and submit by the advertised closing date.
- Please note that if you prepare text in Microsoft Word to cut and paste into your application form you may lose some or all of the formatting (eg, bullet points, paragraph spacing, indents, etc). You will therefore need to make any amendments necessary before submitting your form.
- It is really important that you spend time filling in the application form as comprehensively as possible to give yourself the best possible chance of being shortlisted.
- Please check your spelling and punctuation as this can be a deciding factor in whether or not you are shortlisted, if it is an essential requirement of the role.
- If you have a disability and are applying for one of our roles, you can find more information to support your application here.
We look forward to receiving your completed application form. Good luck!
Important information for candidates:
All applicants are requested to provide equalities information which is used for monitoring purposes only. All information given will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be passed to the interview panel.
People living with a disability
We will invite to interview those applicants living with a disability who have the essential skills and experience for the job. Reasonable adjustments will be made at interview and in the workplace where helpful. Find out more
Data Protection Statement
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 we only collect, process and use data in compliance with legislation and business need.
Overseas and non-British applicants
If you want to come to live or work in the UK go to the following website Border and Immigration Agency which explains the process and provides all the information you will need.
Do I need a UK visa?
You can use this Home Office questionnaire to find out if you need a visa or entry clearance to work in the UK.