Being a good neighbour

We frequently get complaints about a range of different noises that are impacting on neighbouring homes.

What we will do when you make a complaint

  • We’ll listen to you and together we’ll agree a plan of what can be done to help with the situation, including what we can do and what you can do to help.
  • If we need to, we’ll get other agencies involved, such as your landlord if your rent your home or the police.
  • We’ll need to keep in touch so that we can keep us up to date with how things are going. We’ll agree with you how best and how to contact you.
  • If we can’t get hold of you or don’t hear back from you, we’ll assume there’s no longer a problem and close the case.

What is expected of residents

As a resident, you’re responsible for the behaviour of everybody - that’s you and anyone living in or visiting your home, including what they do in your home, in the shared areas and in the neighbourhood.

Social landlords in the Borough

If you live in a home rented from a social landlord, there may be some additional help and support that can be offered by them. This may be different for each organisation: