Page last updated at 21 June 2016 at 16:39
The safest and most convenient way to pay. The main benefits of this payment method are:
- Not having to remember to pay on time
- No need to write out and post cheques
- No queuing at cash offices or bank/building societies
- Your bank or building society does all the work and you stay in control
- A guarantee from the Council.
Direct Debits presented to the account named in your instruction will only be for instalments advised to you at least 14 days in advance of the first day of payment. In the unlikely event of Direct Debits being presented in error, you can obtain an immediate refund from your bank or building society. You may cancel your instruction at any time.
The instalments will be detailed on your bill and payments collected automatically from your bank or building society. The Council offers the flexibility of two payment dates, the 7th and the 21st of each month.
You can either click here to set up a Direct Debit online or download a form. You can also change an existing Direct Debit instruction via these links.