Information and links for hackney carriage and private hire licence holders
This page contains information and links for hackney carriage and private hire licence holders, including news about fares & road works in the borough. It is updated from time to time as appropriate.
It should be noted that all applications to licence and re-licence vehicles are dealt with strictly by timed appointments only.
Please appreciate that it may not always be possible to deal with your enquiry immediately, especially if the officer concerned is not available.
Members of the licensing team are available Monday - Friday 09:00 - 16:00 on 023 8254 5376 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- DFT Seeking views on Taxi & Private Hire best practice guidance
- New HMRC Tax Checks from April 2022 - Important Information
- Latest COVID-19 update to Taxi and Private Hire Drivers/Operators - Updated 20 December 2021
- Low Emission Taxi incentive Scheme - updated 13 August 2021
- Taxi & Private Hire Policy and Conditions Consultation - 6 August 2021
- April 2021 Trade update - 03 April 2021
- Asymptomatic Testing available for Licensed Drivers -15 March 2021
- Driving Assessments Resuming from 12 April 2021
- Safer Transport Guidance for Operators
- Brexit - EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) - 25 November 2020
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme Grant Extension
- Coronavirus - advice for drivers
- Update- New Private Hire Trade Rep - October 2020
- DFT update on face coverings - 24 September 2020
- Coronavirus Update on face coverings - 23 Septemeber 2020
- Plate batches with mechanical inspection & mot dates - 19 August 2020
- Increased COVID-19 Testing of Drivers - 19 June 2020
- COVID-19 - Face Coverings Update - 08 June 2020
- Temporary Alteration to Licensed Vehicle Age Condition - 05 June 2020
- New government guidance on providing transport services safely - 14 May 2020. Note - if face coverings are used, they should not be surgical facemasks at this time.
- Screens fitted in licensed vehicles 14 May 2020
- HC & PH drivers working -current situation 25 March 2020
- Mechanical inspections and MOTs - 25 March 2020
- New Licensing Process - 24 March 2020
- COVID-19 - Money and benefits 20 March 2020
- Knowledge Tests from 19 March 2020
- Meter Installers
- May Bank Holiday Meter Tariff Change
Licensed Transport Forum page - Meetings & Minutes
- Tips for drivers assisting partially sighted passengers
- Mechanical Inspections and Mot's - February 2019
- Lost property in a licensed vehicle
- Equalities Act 2010 - Passengers with Disabilities - Assistance Dogs
Southampton Airport pick-up and drop-off zones - 30/09/2018
Hackney carriage table of fares - 01/06/2015
Members of the licensing team are normally available at Eastleigh House on Monday, Wednesday & Friday each week from 09:00 to 14:00. To submit any applications or see a member of the team in person, an appointment must be made before attending the office.