Information and links for hackney carriage and private hire licence holders
This page contains information and links for hackney carriage and private hire licence holders, including news about fares & road works in the borough. It is updated from time to time as appropriate.
It should be noted that all applications to licence and re-licence vehicles are dealt with strictly by timed appointment.
Please appreciate that it may not always be possible to deal with your enquiry immediately, especially if the officer concerned is not available.
PLEASE NOTE - During the COVID-19 health crisis, collection of plates will be on a Friday only. No one should come to the depot in person for any other reason. Please do not enter the building, stay in your vehicle and call 023 8068 8179. Members of the licensing team are available Monday - Friday 09:00 - 16:00 on 023 8068 8109 or email email@example.com
- Increased COVID-19 Testing of Drivers - 19 June 2020
- COVID-19 - Face Coverings Update - 08 June 2020
- Temporary Alteration to Licensed Vehicle Age Condition - 05 June 2020
- New government guidance on providing transport services safely - 14 May 2020. Note - if face coverings are used, they should not be surgical facemasks at this time.
- Screens fitted in licensed vehicles 14 May 2020
- HC & PH drivers working -current situation 25 March 2020
- Mechanical inspections and MOTs - 25 March 2020
- New Licensing Process - 24 March 2020
- COVID-19 - Money and benefits 20 March 2020
- Knowledge Tests from 19 March 2020
- Coronavirus - advice for drivers updated 10 March 2020
- Meter Installers
- May Bank Holiday Meter Tariff Change
Licensed Transport Forum page - Meetings & Minutes
- Tips for drivers assisting partially sighted passengers
- Mechanical Inspections and Mot's - February 2019
- Lost property in a licensed vehicle
- Equalities Act 2010 - Passengers with Disabilities - Assistance Dogs
Southampton Airport pick-up and drop-off zones - 30/09/2018
Hackney carriage table of fares - 01/06/2015
Members of the licensing team are normally available at Hedge End Depot on weekdays from 09:00 to 12:00 and from 14:00 to 16:00. To submit any applications an appointment must be made before attending the office.