Change of address or circumstances

You must tell us when your circumstances change

Change of address

Please use this form if you want to claim Housing Benefit from a new address

It is very important that you tell us about changes in your circumstances to prevent overpayments and make sure you receive the money that you are entitled to.

Examples of changes in circumstances that you must tell us about include:

  • Changes in income, other benefits/Tax Credit or in your savings
  • Changes to your rent
  • Changes in the number of people living in your household
  • Any period that you plan to be away from your home
  • Changes in the amount of childcare you pay

Change of Circumstances form for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

This form is to be used if you have had a change in your circumstances, you must remember to provide documentary proof of your change(s) in addition to completing this form.