Be inspired by national and local stories, check out the support and networks for sport and activity providers, take on a volunteering role or celebrate local successes in the Eastleigh Sports Awards. Whatever you need to start something new and start getting active, we've got you covered.
If you need extra support to navigate a health condition, you may want to explore our HealthWorks options, otherwise the concessionary scheme at Places Leisure Eastleigh can assist with financial challenges.
Launch-funded by the Lawn Tennis Association and supported by Places Leisure Eastleigh and SportWorks for those with limited mobility and long-term conditions.
This version of tennis is at a gentler pace where the ball can bounce twice, the court can be made smaller, and players are not allowed to run or jump. The aim is to create a ‘tennis for everyone’ approach, where even more residents can get involved in tennis.
Launches 13 July
Wednesdays, 12 noon - 1pm
Places Leisure Eastleigh, £3 per person
Sessions and bookings by Premier Tennis
All netball sessions can be booked through England Netball.
A slower paced version of the popular game with additional modifications aimed to lower physical impact. All ages and abilities are welcome and sessions take place indoors.
- Wildern Leisure Centre, Hedge End
Tuesdays, 8-9pm, £4.25 per session
Back to netball
A fun a friendly re-introduction to netball and for women of all ages and levels of experience. Whether you haven't played since school or looking to get your heart pumping in a relaxed environment - this is the activity for you!
- Wellington Sports Ground, Stoneham Lane
Thursdays, 7.30 - 8.30pm, £4.00 per session
- Wildern Leisure Centre, Hedge End
Fridays, 7-8pm, £4.25 per session (starts 11 June)
A new fresh and fun aerobic dance fitness class open to adults (16+).
Bring a night out to your workout as you exercise with the main lights out, disco lights on and follow routines to club classics and the trademark signature glow sticks.
|Eastleigh College||Hedge End Village Hall|
|Monday||6.30pm - 7.30pm|
|Tuesday||7.30pm - 8.30pm|
No need to book simply pay as you go.
A weekly timed 5km run every Saturday morning at 9am.
There is no friendlier environment to run in, no matter what your motivations for running are. All abilities are welcome, with everyone running for enjoyment at and at their own pace. Starting Points:
Eastleigh Parkrun starts from Pavilion on the Park
Netley Abbey Parkrun at Royal Victoria Country Park (includes Junior Parkrun)
5-a-side football sessions specifically aimed at adults aged 50+, with no running or slide tackling. These rule modifications help reduce strain on joints and reduce the risk of injury - providing players the chance to get back playing the game they love.
Find your local session:
- Mondays 1pm – 2.30pm at Botley Recreation Ground
- Wednesday 11.30am - 1pm at Botley Recreation Ground
- Thursdays 11.30am – 1pm at Eastleigh FC, Silverlake Stadium
- Thursdays 6.45pm – 8pm at Stoke Park WFC, Knightwood Leisure Centre
There is no need to book, simply pay as you go (approx £3.00-£4.00).
Active Ability Football
- Indoor football session for adults (14+) with a disability.
- Sessions are fully inclusive and tailored to meet the needs of the participants.
- Thursdays 1.30pm - 2.30pm at Places Leisure Eastleigh
- Delivered by qualified FA coaches
Book by email or by calling 023 8070 7802
- A Paralympic sport for athletes with disabilities that have an impact on motor skills. Boccia is a target ball sport and this fun and friendly club welcomes beginners and experienced players.
- Wednesday 1.30pm – 2.30pm at Pavilion on the Park
- Pay as you play £3
Book by email or by calling 07858 904422