Special Category personal data
This is sensitive personal information which needs higher levels of protection.
The Special Categories of personal data consist of data revealing:
- Sex life or sexual orientation
- religious or philosophical beliefs
- racial or ethnic origin
- physical or mental health
- trade union membership
- political opinions
- genetic/biometric data
- criminal history
We may process special categories of personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where processing is necessary for the purposes of performing or exercising obligations or rights which are imposed or conferred by law on the Council or you in connection with employment, social security or social protection; or
- With your explicit written consent; or
- Where it is necessary in the substantial public interest, in particular: for the exercise of a function conferred on Eastleigh Borough Council or anyone else by an enactment or rule of law; or equal opportunities monitoring;
- Where the processing is necessary for archiving purposes in the public interest, or for scientific, historical or statistical purposes.
- Where it is needed in relation to legal claims.