There are many allotment gardens within the new parishes of Eastleigh and Boyatt Wood. These have previously been owned and managed by Eastleigh Borough Council.
From 1 April 2022 the ownership of the allotments transferred to Eastleigh Parish Council and Boyatt Wood Parish Council as these two new councils have a statutory power to own and manage allotments for their residents.
Under a Service Level agreement, Eastleigh Borough Council will continue to administer the allotments for the first year until April 2023.
Local allotment sites
- Boyatt Wood, off St Catherine's Road (65 plots with water, toilets and communal stores)
- Burns Close (24 plots with water and toilets)
- Chestnut Avenue (77 plots with water, toilets and communal store)
- Lakeside (80 plots with water, toilets and communal store)
- Monks Way (26 plots with water, toilets and communal store)
- Tennyson Road (14 plots with water and toilets)
- Woodside Avenue (47 plots with water, toilets and communal store)
Priority for allotment allocation is given to local residents.
Currently there is a 1-5 year waiting list for an allotment plot, dependant on site. All applications will be added to the waiting list and you will be contacted once a plot becomes available.
Anyone living outside the town centre should contact their local Town/Parish Councils to see if they have allotment plots available. Applications for residents living outside the Borough will not be considered.
Plots are measured in rods with a cost of £11.50 per rod.
- Tenancy set-up - £30 one-off fee.
- Annual Rent is a maximum of £57.50 per year, per plot (depending on plot size).
A 50% reduction in rent is available to anyone aged 60 and over.
Allotment sites are managed by the StreetScene Allotment Supervisor and nominated site representatives.
To apply for an allotment please complete the online application form