As part of our commitment to encouraging our residents to lead a more active, green and healthy lifestyle, we manage seven allotment sites within the Borough.
- Boyatt Wood, off St Catherine's Road (65 plots with water, toilets and communal stores)
- Burns Close (24 plots with water and toilets)
- Chestnut Avenue (77 plots with water, toilets and communal store)
- Lakeside (80 plots with water, toilets and communal store)
- Monks Way (26 plots with water, toilets and communal store)
- Tennyson Road (14 plots with water and toilets)
- Woodside Avenue (47 plots with water, toilets and communal store)
Allotments are only available to Borough residents. Priority for allotment allocation is given to town centre residents.
Currently there is a 1-3 year waiting list for an allotment plot, dependant on site. All applications will be added to the waiting list and you will be contacted once a plot becomes available.
Anyone living outside the town centre should contact their local Town/Parish Councils to see if they have allotment plots available. Applications for residents living outside the Borough will not be considered.
Plots are measured in rods with a cost of £10.50 per rod.
- Tenancy set-up - £30 one-off fee.
- Annual Rent is a maximum of £52.50 per year, per plot (depending on plot size).
A 50% reduction in rent is available to anyone the age of 60 and over.
Allotment sites are managed by the StreetScene Allotment Supervisor and nominated site representatives.
To apply for an allotment please complete the online application form