Proof of life validation
Please note that this service is temporarily suspended due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
If you are a British national receiving a pension from an overseas country, we can validate the pension company’s request for confirmation of your life and residence in the United Kingdom.
The service is available on Mondays between 9.30am and 1pm at Eastleigh House. You do not need to make an appointment.
You will need to bring:
- the form that requires stamping;
- a valid passport or driver's license;
- valid proof of address which must be one of the following:
- a utility bill dated no more than three months before the date of the appointment;
- a driving license, if not used as photographic ID;
- bank or building society statement or passbook dated no more than one month before the date of the appointment;
- a council tax bill dated no more than one year before the date of the appointment;
- a mortgage statement dated no more than one year before the date of the appointment;
- a current residential tenancy agreement.
The fee for this service is £10 (cash only).
Please note that we cannot advise you on the contents of the form.
We ensure that any personal information used by us or given to us is treated in accordance with data protection legislation. This privacy notice explains how we use your personal information and the ways in which we protect your privacy.
We will take a copy of your passport, foreign pension application form and utility bill or other proof of address which we will keep in our secure files. We will keep this for two years, in case the pension provider asks us any queries in respect of our certification of your proof of life certificate. You can find our full privacy notice at www.eastleigh.gov.uk/privacy.