PLEASE NOTE - New subscriptions to our garden waste service have finished for the current 2021-2022 year. New subscriptions for April 2022- March 2023 will open on 1 February 2022.
Our fortnightly garden waste collection service will help you:
- Save fuel with fewer journeys to your local recycling centre
- Save time; simply fill up your green bin (with the brown lid) and place it out for collection on your collection day and we do the rest
- Avoid unwanted 'creepy crawlies' in your vehicle
What can you put in your garden waste bin?
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge and shrub clippings
- Cut flowers
- Leaves, twigs and bark
- Small plants and weeds
What you can’t put in your garden waste bin
- Food waste
- Animal waste
- Plastic bags, pots or trays
- Tree stumps
- Brick, rubble, soil and stones
- Large branches (over 10cm / 4” in diameter)
How does the service work?
When you subscribe to the service you will receive a 240 litre wheeled bin and a welcome pack explaining how the service works and your collection dates for the year. You may purchase more than one bin (prices detailed below).
Your garden waste will be collected on a fortnightly basis, with the exception of the Christmas/New Year period.
Simply put your garden waste in your bin and leave it by the kerbside by 6.30am every fortnight, on your specified collection day. We cannot pick up bagged waste or side waste within this scheme and the bin lid must close.
If you move house please leave your garden waste bin at the property as the bin subscription is for the property not an individual.
For new subscribers to the Garden Waste Service:
Please allow 20 working days for your bin(s) to be delivered.