This Girl Can Eastleigh supporters
Get behind the movement!
Thank you for supporting the Council’s This Girl Can Eastleigh campaign. To help the initiative to be as successful as it can be – we need your help to spread the word in the Borough.
This Girl Can Eastleigh is a local campaign, built on Sport England’s National campaign since 2015, that celebrates active women and aims to increase female participation in sport and physical activity. 20% of women in the Borough do less than 30 minutes of physical activity a week, and we aim to improve this.
This Girl Can Eastleigh aims to address common barriers women (16+) face in relation to physical activity. Local women will be the face of our campaign, sharing their own individual stories to inspire one another. Women-only activities in the Borough will be promoted and This Girl Can Eastleigh funded/part-funded activities will be put on in three waves across 2022.
Campaign page: www.eastleigh.gov.uk/thisgirlcan
- Encourage women (aged 16+) who do little to no exercise, to take part in more physical activity.
- Build women’s confidence and show that all types of women take part in and enjoy physical activity - addressing barriers.
- Create a library of stories about local women who have become active.
- Signpost women to www.eastleigh.gov.uk/thisgirlcan to find out more information about how they can take part in a women-only activity locally and share their stories
- Raise awareness of local clubs and activities.
- We are focussing the campaign on Facebook, Instagram and email, but will use Nextdoor and Twitter where appropriate. Localised promotion in the Borough will be in the form of the 2022 campaign flyers and digital screens in community locations and where women are most likely to be.
- Relaunch before Christmas 2021
- New Year wave of activities December 2021 to February 2022
- Active Mums wave activities 25 March to early June 2022
- Menopause Warriors late September to late November
Be a part of the campaign!
- For women aged 16 and above who do little to no exercise, who live or work in the Borough
- Hashtag #ThisGirlCanEastleigh
- Tag @SportHealthEBC team
- Signposting to www.eastleigh.gov.uk/thisgirlcan
- Join the This Girl Can Eastleigh tribe
- Share your stories of how you got active
- Take part in the women-only activities across the Borough
Images and videos
We have campaign images you can use and we will update these as the campaign develops.
If you are in the This Girl Can Eastleigh Network, have been an activity provider for the campaign, or have formed part of the local stories - please feel free to use the This Girl Can Eastleigh logo on your website
Download ZIP file for generic and Menopause Warriors assets
Generic 2022 campaign content / or simply share @SportHealthEBC content on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook
- We’re getting behind #ThisGirlCanEastleigh! We want to support more women in Eastleigh Borough to get active without fear of judgement – working up a sweat, breaking a smile and making new friends is for everyone. Get started at www.eastleigh.gov.uk/thisgirlcan
- Unleash your inner beginner, you’ve got this Eastleigh. @SportHealthEBC relaunches the #ThisGirlCanEastleigh campaign with new women-only activities, including a Mind Over Matter workshop to help you get started www.eastleigh.gov.uk/thisgirlcan
- Time to acknowledge and address the barriers to women getting more active, it’s time for the girls! #ThisGirlCanEastleigh www.eastleigh.gov.uk/thisgirlcan
- Be the girl who decided to go for it and change This Girl Could to This Girl Can! @SportHealthEBC encourages more women in Eastleigh to get active with #ThisGirlCanEastleigh campaign www.eastleigh.gov.uk/thisgirlcan
- Developed by Sport England, and adopted by @SportHealthEBC here in the Borough, This Girl Can Eastleigh aims to inspire women overcome the fear of judgement that is stopping too many women from getting and enjoying being active www.eastleigh.gov.uk/thisgirlcan
Let us know if you would like to have a stock of campaign flyers at your location to support the campaign.
If you have digital screens at your location and would like to use them to help the campaign, let us know and we will send images/videos to suit.
Template copy for websites, newsletters and email
Menopause Warriors autumn wave - press release
Generic 2022 campaign text
Join the This Girl Can Eastleigh tribe!
This Girl Can Eastleigh celebrates women who are getting active and doing their thing, no matter who they are. There’s no “right” way to get active. However you jiggle, kick, lift, stretch, or sprint, it’s time to get moving how you damn well please…
The Council’s Health and Wellbeing team are providing women-only activities over 2022 to help more women in the Borough to get active. 20% of women in the Borough do less than 30 minutes of physical activity a week, and we can help.
Share your story or start yours by taking part in This Girl Can Eastleigh 2022 activities.
Thank you again for helping to support the campaign. For any enquiries, please contact:
Hannah Fredericks, SportWorks Project Officer: Hannah.Fredericks@eastleigh.gov.uk