The GDPR gives people other rights in relation to the information that organisations hold about them. These are:
- The right to rectification (to correct your data if you think it is wrong)
- The right to erasure (the right to be forgotten)
- The right to restrict processing (we can store your personal data but not use it)
- The right to data portability (to obtain from us and re-use personal data that you have given us)
- The right to object (to ask us to stop using your personal data)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
- The right to withdraw consent (only we are processing your information on the basis of your consent)
For more information please see the ICO guidelines
Please note that these rights will not apply in all cases. We will inform you whether we can comply with your request and explain the reasons for our decision if we are unable to comply.
To enable us to deal with your request promptly, you'll need to provide your name, address, contact details as well as:
- date of birth
- proof of your identify
- proof of your current address
- details about which right/s you wish to exercise and why?
- As much information as possible so we can find your personal information to deal with your request.
Information about other people
To request information about someone else, you must either:
- have written consent from them allowing us to disclose their information to you;
- have Power of Attorney to legally act on their behalf; or
- if you are requesting information about a child, be their parent or legal guardian. You will need to send proof of this with your request.
We have one calendar month to respond to requests to exercise your rights but if the request is complicated or involves a lot of information, we may extend that time by up to two calendar months.
If you wish to exercise any of these other rights (other than subject access), you can do this by:
- completing a Data Rights request form;
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (attaching relevant documents); or
- writing to The Data Protection Officer, Eastleigh House, Market Street, Eastleigh SO50 9YN (attaching relevant documents).