Asymptomatic Community testing – important audience update
Testing for parents, carers and associated support bubbles is now being offered at our asymptomatic community testing site at the Point, Eastleigh using the existing booking portal.
Adults who live or work with primary or secondary school age children, or those part of a childcare support bubble, can now use our testing centre too. Secondary age children should continue to get their tests via their schools. Tests at the testing centre should only be booked by people aged 16 and over.
This means that community testing is now open to the following groups:
- People regularly leaving home to go to work, as they can't work from home
- People not covered by an existing workplace testing scheme or other programme
- Households with primary school, secondary school and college age children, including childcare and support bubbles
- Households, childcare and support bubbles of primary, secondary and college staff.
- Adults working in the wider school community, including bus drivers and after school club leaders.
The Government is recommending that parents, carers and associated support bubbles test themselves twice each week. These groups are initially being encouraged to test at home through collecting tests from a number of symptomatic testing sites COVID Test Finder
Schools will be providing self-test kits to staff and secondary-age pupils. Children attending sites are therefore encouraged to access their tests through schools.
Find more information and to book an asymptomatic test