Page last updated at 15 May 2017 at 15:30
Home Energy Conservation Act Report
The Home Energy Conservation Act 1995, requires Eastleigh Borough Council to prepare a report setting out the energy conservation measures that the authority considers practicable, cost-effective and likely to result in significant improvement in the energy efficiency of residential accommodation in its area.
This is the starting point for action by central and local government to significantly improve the energy efficiency of residential accommodation across the country, a legal requirement under the Climate Change Act 2008 and a key strategy for reducing fuel poverty.
Driving local domestic energy efficiency improvements can bring significant benefits for Eastleigh Borough Council and our residents including:
- helping reduce residents' fuel bills and fuel poverty
- helping make homes warmer and healthier
- support the creation and maintenance of local green businesses, jobs and skills
- making a vital contribution to reducing local and national carbon emissions
- supporting wider local strategic priorities on issues such as health and poverty
Home Energy Conservation Act Report 2017
Home Energy Conservation Act Report 2015
Home Energy Conservation Act Report 2013
To find out more, contact Giles Gooding on 023 8068 8274 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org