Information for voters
Key dates, documents and deadlines for Thursday 3 May 2018
On Thursday 3 May 2018 (7am-10pm), voters across the Borough will go to the polls to choose their Councillors for Eastleigh Borough Council and the parishes of Chandler's Ford and Allbrook & North Boyatt.
Due to an extensive ward boundary review in 2017, by the Boundary Commission for England, the number of Borough wards will reduce from 19 to 14 and the number of Councillors will change from 44 to 39. This will mean that all 39 new seats will be up for election on Thursday 3 May. Use our interactive map below to view polling station locations and the current and new polling districts and wards.
Poll cards will be issued to every registered, eligible, elector between 27 March – 8 April 2018. Please check the details on your poll card which will tell you the area you will be voting for and the location of your polling station.
- Interactive map - polling stations, polling districts and wards
- List of polling stations
- Polling districts and number of seats to be elected
- Current and new polling districts
Key dates and deadlines for voters:
Tuesday 27 March to Sunday 8 April
- Poll cards issued
Tuesday 17 April
- Deadline to register to vote (11:59pm)
Wednesday 18 April
- Deadline to apply for a postal vote or postal proxy vote (5pm)
Thursday 19 April (approx)
- Postal votes issued for those applications set up by 14 March
Monday 23 April (approx)
- Late postal votes issued for those applications set up between 15 March and 18 April
Wednesday 25 April
- Deadline to apply for a regular proxy vote (5pm)
Friday 27 April
- First date to issue replacement postal votes
Thursday 3 May - Polling day
- Deadline to issue replacement postal votes (5pm)
- Deadline to apply for emergency proxy vote (5pm) (conditions apply). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 8068 8000.
More information can be found at Your Vote Matters.