Information for voters
Key dates, documents and deadlines for Thursday 2 May 2019
On Thursday 2 May 2019 (7am-10pm) there will be borough elections for all areas, except Botley, and, if contested, parish/town council elections for Bursledon, Fair Oak & Horton Heath, Hedge End, Hound and West End.
Key dates and deadlines for voters:
Tuesday 26 March to Sunday 7 April
- Poll cards issued. Please check the location of your polling station to ensure you know where to vote
Friday 12 April
- Deadline to register to vote (11:59pm)
Monday 15 April
- Deadline to apply for a postal vote or postal proxy vote (5pm)
Thursday 11 April (approx)
- Postal votes issued for those applications set up by 6 March (5pm)
Tuesday 23 April (approx)
- Late postal votes issued for those applications set up between 7 March and 15 April
Wednesday 24 April
- Deadline to apply for a regular proxy vote (5pm)
- First date to apply for an emergency proxy vote (after 5pm) conditions apply. Please contact email@example.com or phone 023 8068 8000 during office hours
Friday 26 April
- First date to issue replacement postal votes
Thursday 2 May - Polling day
- Deadline to issue replacement postal votes (5pm)
- Deadline to apply for emergency proxy vote (5pm) (conditions apply). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 8068 8000 during office hours.
More information can be found at Your Vote Matters.