Highways maintenance

Reporting faults and right of way issues and applying for highway licence and permits

Report highway faults

Hampshire County Council are responsible for:

Hampshire County Council road maintenance information.

Apply for highway licences

If you need to obstruct or dig up the highway, you need to apply for a licence or permit to do so. Hampshire County Council manage licences and permits for such works.

Rights of Way

We process any technical matters relating to public rights of way diversion orders associated with planning proposals. The maintenance of unmetalled rights of way are not dealt with by us. 

Hampshire County Council are responsible for overseeing cross country rural public rights of way, public footways, public bridleways such as overgrown vegetation, obstruction and encroachment.

View the Rights of Way network administered by Hampshire County Council

Schemes to improve transport networks in Hampshire

Information on proposed transport improvement schemes can be found on Hampshire County Council's website.