Cycling and walking
Information on cycling and walking in our Borough
We are committed to creating a comprehensive network of cycle routes across the Borough. Already a substantial part of this network has been built, particularly in Eastleigh itself, and in Hedge End. In total there are about 71km of designated cycle routes within the Borough and over 40 locations with cycle parking facilities.
Borough-wide Cycle Map
- View an interactive version of the Borough Wide Cycle Map
- Download a PDF copy of the map
- Plan your journey
Other Useful Links
Walking in Eastleigh
Walking is the most affordable, flexible and socially inclusive mode of independent travel available to Borough residents and as a result it is vital that we encourage walking as much as possible, through taking measures to provide safe, secure, convenient walking routes.
Our policy acknowledges there are a number of barriers to overcome in order to encourage more people to walk and emphasises the range of benefits walking can bring.
The aims of our policy are to:
- Encourage more people to walk to access services and facilities as opposed to using the car
- Improve the integration of walking with other sustainable transport modes to ensure realistic alternatives to the car are available
- Promote walking as part of a healthy lifestyle
- Assist in reducing our Borough's Carbon Footprint