Page last updated at 11 June 2015 at 15:39
Pine Road Cemetery
This cemetery was opened in the early 1900s with the first burial taking place in October 1906. This cemetery was originally administered by Chandler's Ford Parish Council until the early 1930s when it was passed to Eastleigh Borough Council. The total area of this cemetery is ½ hectare containing areas for Church of England, Roman Catholic and Non-Conformist interments.
This is a heavily wooded cemetery that suffered badly during the storms of 1987. The cemetery is now full and only available for second interments in pre-purchased graves.
The site is maintained as a wildlife area with a number of interesting and unusual plant species. Path edges are trimmed regularly with the main body of grass cut twice a year.
- Water point
- Litter bin
- Mature trees
- Mature hedges
Download the Eastleigh Guide to Arranging a Funeral Here ( PDF 52kb) which includes information on the following:
Registration Service for Births, Marriages and Deaths
Rights & Options
A simple funeral
Choosing a Funeral Director
List of Local Funeral Directors
Bereavement Advice Lines
- Please be advised that vehicles entering the cemeteries are not covered under the Council's Insurance
- Please place litter and unwanted tributes in the bins provided
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times and ensure fouling is removed
- Some of the memorials are old and in need of repair. Please ensure children respect them by not walking or climbing on memorials
- Respect other visitors to the Cemetery and keep noise to a minimum