From 1 April there are big changes to on-street parking and traffic management throughout the borough following the termination of an agency agreement by Hampshire County Council who now take back control of many of the services previously provided by Eastleigh Borough Council.
One key change is that the management and enforcement of all residents parking schemes including digital permits (MiPermit) will now be provided by Hampshire County Council.
The on-road parking permit scheme will remain with MiPermit and residents will continue to book permits and visitor passes with MiPermit as they do now. However, the management of this scheme together with any subsequent changes to it will now be undertaken by Hampshire County Council (HCC).
Other services that will now be managed by HCC include:
- Management and enforcement of all residents parking schemes
- Hampshire County Council staff will now be responsible for enforcing all the roads in the Borough
- Requests for Disabled Parking bays
- Requests for Road safety/traffic restrictions such as double yellow lines.
For further details and any queries about Mipermit and the services listed above contact Hampshire Council Council
Some of the key services that will remain with Eastleigh Borough Council include:
Management of off-street car parks
- Speed limit reminder signs
- Road closures for public events
- Christmas lighting
- CCTV & Abandoned vehicles