COVID-19 update – what does tier two mean for our borough services?
Following the announcement from the Government that the Borough of Eastleigh will be placed in tier two (High Alert) when the national lockdown finishes on 2 December staff will continue to provide most of our key services including;
- The Council’s Eastleigh House reception will re-open for face to face customers from 2 December
- Places Leisure Eastleigh will reopen – visit the Place Leisure Eastleigh website for more information
- All our waste and recycling collections including the re-start of our food waste service are continuing as normal
- Children’s play areas remain open
- Itchen Valley Country Park and toilets will remain open - Cafe to provide takeaway service only
- Lakeside Country Park and toilets to remain open
- Our MOT service remains open
- Mercury Centre, Hamble will re-open on 8 December
- The Hub, Bishopstoke – will re-open on 3 December
- The Point Café, Eastleigh – reopening is currently being reviewed
However, the following services/facilities will remain closed:
- Y- Zone, Bishopstoke
Eastleigh Borough Council is taking this action to continue to help protect the health and wellbeing of our residents, businesses and staff. For more information about Coronavirus support including help with delivery of food and other essential items like prescription medicines.
We advise all local people to take appropriate action to keep themselves safe and healthy and follow the advice of government and the NHS