Following the government's announcement of a national lockdown from 5 November to 2 December, Eastleigh Borough Council is taking the following action to help protect the health and wellbeing of its residents, businesses and staff.
Staff will continue to provide most of our key services including:
• All waste and recycling collections, including the restart of our food waste service, are continuing as normal
• Children’s play areas remain open
• Itchen Valley Country Park and toilets will remain open - the Woodland Café will continue to provide a takeaway service only
• Lakeside Country Park and toilet remain open
• Our MOTs service remains open
However, in line with Government advice the following services/facilities will close for the duration of the lockdown:
• The Council’s Eastleigh House offices. Our customer service centre will continue to operate by phone and online and there is lots of information on our website.
• The Point including the café and The Berry Theatre
• Places Leisure Eastleigh, including HealthWorks services
• Mercury Centre, Hamble
• Y- Zone, Bishopstoke, The Hub & Rugby Club, Eastleigh
• the restart of Friday Night Football is now suspended
Anyone becoming homeless during the lockdown and needing housing assistance in an emergency, should contact our freephone number on 0800 032 0540 during office opening hours (8.30am to 5pm) to speak to a member of the Housing Case Management Team.
For more information about Coronavirus support including help with delivery of food and other essential items like prescription medicines get in touch with our Local Response Centre
The safety, health and well-being of our residents, businesses, staff and visitors is the Council’s number one priority. We urge everyone to take appropriate action to keep themselves safe and healthy and follow the advice of government and the NHS.