Your Local Area
Find out about your Local Area Committee
The borough of Eastleigh is divided into five local areas:
- Bishopstoke, Fair Oak & Horton Heath
- Bursleldon, Hamble & Hound
- Chandler's Ford & Hiltingbury
- Hedge End, West End & Botley
Each area has it's own Local Area Committee (LAC), made up from elected ward Councillors. They take decisions and make representations on a wide range of council business relating to their area including:
- determining planning applications
- managing local budgets
- managing capital projects
- deciding on local priorities
- promoting local participation from residents/businesses and Town/Parish councils
- traffic management and environmental improvements
LAC meetings are open to the public that you are welcome to attend. They are also attended by Councillors and a number of Council officers.
Each LAC has a Local Area Manager who works with the Councillors to set the strategic direction of the Committee’s work and who is present at the meeting. A Democratic Services Officer will also be at the meeting and is available to assist and provide advice on public participation opportunities.
If you would like to speak on a particular item you will need to register before the meeting begins. You can do this by either emailing email@example.com or you can register at the meeting.