Information, guidance and forms for Gambling Act 2005
The Gambling Act 2005 requires Eastleigh Borough Council to have regard to the licensing objectives when carrying out its licensing functions.
The licensing objectives are:
- preventing gambling from being a source of crime or disorder, being associated with crime or disorder or being used to support crime
- ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way, and
- protecting children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by gambling
Set out below is a summary of the main subject areas. Please note that the Act requires anyone applying for a premises licence to hold a Gambling Operator’s licence from the Gambling Commission for that activity
- Fees under the Gambling Act 2005
- Premises licences
- Gaming permits
- Occasional use notices
- Temporary use notices (please contact the licensing team)
- Reviews (please contact the licensing team)
- Gambling Act 2005 - Statement of Principles
Contacting the Licensing Team
Please note that these functions are administered by Southampton City Council's licensing team on behalf of Eastleigh Borough Council.
Telephone: 023 8083 3002 (option 4, then option 2)
Fax: 023 8083 4061
Southampton and Eastleigh Licensing Partnership
Document Exchange: DX 115710 Southampton 17
Members of the Licensing Team are normally available on weekdays at the Civic Centre, Southampton, from 9am to 12pm and from 2pm to 4pm to assist personal callers.