Food export certificates

Information on applying for a food export certificate

All food manufacturers or exporters who plan to export food to countries outside of the European Community (EC) require a food export certificate from us. This is a chargeable service.

If you are commercially exporting food from the UK to a non-EU country, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of any restrictions and what export conditions apply prior to food being exported. You should contact the country’s embassy or consulate and they will supply the details and format required for the certificate. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office allows you to search for an embassy.

We will not supply a certificate unless you have registered your food business with us and reserve the right to decline to issue a certificate if we are not satisfied with the hygiene standards and practices conducted on your premises.

Please email us to receive the relevant forms and information for a food export certificate.