Make sure you recycle your tree this Christmas
Page last updated at 30 December 2016 at 17:38
When the festive season is over and your real Christmas tree has lost its sparkle, don’t just throw it away – make sure you recycle it.
Eastleigh Borough residents can recycle their Christmas trees that are recycled and used for animal bedding - from Tuesday 3 January 2017.
Recycling collection points for real Christmas trees have been set up around the borough where they can be dropped off between 3-16 January.
Trees can be dropped off at:
• Brambridge Garden Centre, Brambridge
• Lakeside Country Park, Eastleigh
• Haskins Garden Centre, West End
• Arturi’s Garden Centre, Fair Oak
• Fair Oak Garden Centre, Fair Oak
• Woodhouse Lane Car Park, Hedge End
• Mortimer Road Car Park, Botley
• Hound Parish Hall, Woolston Road, Netley
…..and recycled at
• Household Waste and Recycling Centre - Shamblehurst Lane, Hedge End
• Household Waste and Recycling Centre - Knowle Lane, Fair Oak
• Household Waste and Recycling Centre - Stoneycroft Rise, off Chestnut Avenue, Eastleigh
• Household Waste and Recycling Centre - Grange Road, Netley
Residents who subscribe to Eastleigh Borough Council’s garden waste scheme can have Christmas trees that under four-feet tall picked up from their home address on their scheduled collection day – they just need to place it next to their garden waste bin.
Cabinet Lead for Environment & Sustainability Councillor Rupert Kyrle said, “This is a very popular scheme with local residents. Last year many hundreds of trees were recycled in an environmentally friendly way. I encourage everyone to recycle their Christmas trees for free at one of the twelve sites throughout our borough.”
For more information contact the Recycling Team on 023 8068 8440, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.eastleigh.gov.uk/recycling