Page last updated at 04 November 2015 at 12:52
Our aim is to provide you with high quality, value-for-money services and correct information on time, delivered by friendly, courteous and professional staff.
The Customer Service Standards have been developed as part of the Council's drive to serve our customers well and deliver services for all.
- Provide you with a good choice of ways to contact us and get information (e.g. electronically / over the telephone / face-to-face / by mail)
- Deal with your enquiry as quickly as we can; if we are unable to deal with it straight away, we will tell you when we can
- If we cannot provide what you need we will tell you why
- Protect your personal information and deal with your enquiry confidentially in line with our policies
- Use plain English, not jargon, and help people who require additional assistance
- Measure how well we meet our standards and publish the results
In return we ask you to
- Treat our staff with courtesy
- Tell us if your personal circumstances change
- Be on time for any appointment or let us know if you are delayed
- Give us a minimum of 24 hours' notice if you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment
- Tell us if you need to communicate with us in a different way
- Provide us with all relevant information to be able to answer your enquiry
Seeing Us In Person
- Provide you with reception areas which are clean, accessible, safe and tidy, with clear signs so you know where to go
- Provide you with a friendly and professional welcome upon arrival and provide you with the appropriate assistance if you need it
- Ensure that visiting customers without an appointment are met within 10 minutes of arrival
- Be on time for arranged appointments and give you as much notice as possible if we need to reschedule it
- Discuss how we can best respond to your enquiry if you are not able to come to the offices in person
Answering correspondence and telephone calls
- Reply to any correspondence you send us within 10 working days of receiving them.
- Answer your call within 6 rings / 20 seconds and greet you politely and clearly, giving a name and service area
- Phone you back within 1 working day if you leave a message
- Transfer your call to the right person if necessary
- Give you the name and contact details of the person or team who will deal with your enquiry if we cannot resolve it immediately
We welcome customer feedback, comments, compliments and complaints to help us improve our services. If you have a complaint we will deal with this using our complaints procedure.