Opportunities to participate in the Borough
Eastleigh Disability Leisure Access Group (EDLAG)
EDLAG consists of representatives from local clubs, organisations and authorities who have an active interest in increasing the sport and leisure opportunities available to local people with disabilities; and decreasing the barriers that currently prevent them from participating.
EDLAG aims to:
- foster and promote all sports at all levels, providing opportunities for recreation and competition, for all people with physical, learning or sensory disabilities within the borough,
- work in conjunction with Eastleigh based centres to enable residents to access a wide range of sporting activities,
- help bring down barriers that prevent people with disabilities participating in sport by promoting better access to and awareness of leisure facilities, marketing and transport, staff training, new leisure activities and inclusion into mainstream leisure activities.
If you are interested in joining the group please email Marianne Cairley
There are plenty of opportunities across the borough to participate in accessible sport.
Download a copy of the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Disability Sports Guide for a full listing of local activities.
SportWorks accessible activities in Eastleigh
Active Ability Football
- Indoor football session for adults (14+) with a disability.
- Sessions are fully inclusive and tailored to meet the needs of the participants.
- Thursdays 1.30pm - 2.30pm at Places Leisure Eastleigh
- Delivered by qualified FA coaches
Book by email or by calling 023 8070 7802
- A Paralympic sport for athletes with disabilities that have an impact on motor skills. Boccia is a target ball sport and this fun and friendly club welcomes beginners and experienced players.
- Wednesday 2pm – 3pm at Pavilion on the Park
- PAYP £2
Book by email or by calling 023 8061 2710
Hampshire County Council offer a Short Break Programme, designed to improve the lives of disabled children, young people and their families.
Find out more about other local activities by contacting our SportWorks team:
- Email: email@example.com