An open day for all the community
Join Olympic gold-winning swimmer, Rebecca Adlington, who will make a special guest appearance at an open day designed to give people from all parts of the community the chance to enjoy Places Leisure Eastleigh.
The day is designed to raise awareness of the centre’s excellent facilities and encourage more local people to use it to raise their fitness levels and live healthier lifestyles.
Drop-in sessions at the HealthWorks Health Hub will include information on free health checks, the Macmillan Cancer Physical Activity Scheme and Quit 4 Life smoking cessation.
Places Leisure Eastleigh is designed to be accessible to all, and the day will feature disability sport and activity sessions, and a chance to view the excellent Changing Places facilities.
Timetable of activities
- 10am - 11am: Gymnastics Academy display
- 10am - 12.30pm: TopFlight Badminton Academy taster sessions + club information
- 10am - 1.30pm: Boccia taster sessions + coaching
- 10.30am - 11am: Eastleigh Swim Club sprints display
- 10.45am - 11.30am: Gymnastics Academy taster session
- 11.45am - 12.45pm: Virtual Spinning - book now
- 12pm - 1pm: Squash taster session
- 12pm - 3pm: Premier Tennis taster sessions
12.30pm - 1pm: Speech from Rebecca Adlington
- 1pm - 1.45pm: Virtual Spinning - book now
- 1pm - 1.55pm: Walking Netball
- 1.30pm - 3pm: Cycles For All
- 2pm - 3pm: Back to Netball
- 2.15pm - 2.45pm: Virtual Spinning - book now
- 3.15pm - 3.45pm: Virtual Spinning - book now
Local sports clubs will also be on hand to offer advice and information.
To register your interest in attending the community day please email Sportworks.