Parties for children
We offer exciting and fun birthday parties for children and their grown-ups in our woodland.
We host woodland parties in the forest. Run by Youth Options parties include den building and a campfire with marshmallows, you can also add a theme from the following options depending on the age of the children:
- Teddy Bear Picnic - bring along your teddy and make a wooden medallion for him, headdress, flag and den
- Camouflage - try to disappear into the undergrowth with your headdress, face paint and capes then play hide'n' seek
- Pirates - make a pirate ship and flag, hunt for treasure and walk the plank!
- Bushcraft (for six to ten year olds) - use Kelly Kettles to boil water for a hot chocolate or damper bread making
Parents are welcome to stay with younger children and make it a family party but they will be expected to join in the fun - face paints and all!
The details and terms and conditions
- Parties are suitable for children between the ages of three and ten years
- Parties are between 10am to 12pm or 1pm to 3pm on Saturday's or Sunday's dependent upon availability
- Group must be a minimum of ten and a maximum of 15 children
- The sessions are run by an experienced Level 3 Forest School Leader but for health and safety we require a number of adults to help supervise and take responsibility for children
- Children aged three to six years: one adult to every two children
- Children aged six to ten years: one adult to every three children
Parties will go ahead in all weathers but may be cancelled in strong winds for safety reasons. Youth Options will give you 24-hours notice in the unlikely event that they need to cancel a party. In such cases you will be offered an alternative date or a refund.
Please dress your child appropriately for the conditions - party dresses will get dirty!
Booking information: £12.50 per child (minimum £125.00 based on ten children).
A deposit of £30 is required with the balance on the day.
Each ticket includes all the activities, use of tools, materials, marshmallows and a drink.
Lunch boxes or bags are available at an extra cost of £3.50 per child (they include a roll, bag of crisps, piece of fruit, biscuits and a small toy) and Woodland Party invitations can be provided at a small cost.