Frequently asked questions
Your questions about a new Local Plan answered
- Why does the Borough need a Local Plan, and what does it mean for existing residents and local businesses?
- Why is the Council planning for so much housing?
- Where could new development in the Borough go?
- What is meant by ‘large-scale development’ and what are the impacts and benefits? Would it be better to extend existing settlements so new residents can make use of existing services and facilities?
- What influence will the consultation responses from residents have on choices for the Eastleigh Local Plan?
- There is a lot of published information, how can I keep up to date on how the Local Plan is being prepared?
- I have heard that there are plans for a potential new Botley Bypass. Where can I find out more?