Senior Communications Officer - Horton Heath
£30,000 - £40,000
Closing date: 13 September 2019
About the role:
We are looking to appoint an experienced communications and marketing professional to work on some pioneering and innovative housing projects at Eastleigh Borough Council. Sitting within the wider Communications team, the primary focus of the role will be supporting the Horton Heath project team, but there will be wider housing projects where your expertise would be utilised.
This role will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with stakeholders to develop and implement the marketing and communication approach for the Horton Heath housing project, including but not limited to content strategy, digital marketing strategy and media relations strategy.
- Managing media enquiries for the Horton Heath project,
building relationships with journalists and proactively seeking positive stories to tell.
- Identifying and putting in action opportunities to enhance and protect the Council’s reputation.
- Establishing a brand governance process to ensure all communications meet high quality standards and adhere to branding, values, message and style guidelines.
- Raising the profile of the Council’s role in delivery of housing as outlined in the housing strategy.
- Writing, proof-reading, editing and distributing content, including press releases, website content, social media content, stakeholder newsletters, workshop collateral and other marketing materials.
- Briefing and managing external communications suppliers and partners.
- Measuring, evaluating and reporting on communications and marketing performance.
- Liaising directly with internal and external stakeholders to ensure they are well-informed and engaged.
You will be a confident and creative communicator and have experience in establishing relationships with multiple stakeholders within the organisation, including Councillors, staff and board members and the wider community. You will be confident in building relationships with the media, both locally and nationally and will know how get the best coverage for projects.
You will have experience in community engagement and be confident in presenting at board / to senior managers. You will ideally have experience of developing brands and understand the importance of a consistent and positive approach in building a brand identity.
You will be able to demonstrate experience of developing and delivering high profile communications strategies. The ideal candidate will have a professional qualification (CIPR/CIM) and experience using website content management systems and social media platforms. Experience of local government and/or the property and construction industry would be an advantage, but not essential.
If you have the skills and motivation we are looking for and this is of interest to you, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV to HRInfo@eastleigh.gov.uk
For an informal discussion about this role please call Alex Richardson, Talent Acquisition on +44 7500 952781.