£55,000 - £70,000, permanent
About the role:
We're looking to appoint a Health & Safety Lead for the Horton Heath project to ensure the project has a comprehensive service in all aspects of health and safety ensuring that construction processes comply with appropriate legislation, regulations and professional standards and that health and safety is at the forefront of the programme. The role is focussed on but not limited to;
- The production and continual development of a Health & Safety Management System tailored to development and construction related activity that meets all relevant legislation, codes of practice and the Councils corporate Health & Safety requirements.
- To advise on project management on construction work that does not fall within the CDM regulations.
- Ensure that EBC complies with all requirements of Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015 (CDM) with immediate focus on master planning and design stages of the project.
- Ensure that delivering a safe and healthy working environment is embedded in all aspects of the project and at all levels of management and supply chain engagement.
- Once developed, ensure the Council’s Health & Safety Management System is implemented consistently across the project.
- Liaise with bodies such as the Health & Safety Executive, local Fire and Rescue dept. and any other relevant outside organisation as appropriate.
- Monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety practices across the project, make recommendations to Corporate Health and Safety and relevant managers as needed. Implement new policies and procedures as required.
- Manage the identification of Health and Safety training needs for employees at construction sites, ensure this are implemented and followed
- Provide advice and support and be actively involved in the planning of future works/developments and in particular assist in the letting of works packages and where necessary attend post tender and pre-start meeting with consultants or contractors
- Assess contractors' health and safety policies prior to approval and monitor compliance to Company Standards and the requirements of health and safety legislation.
- Promote campaigns and initiatives and ensure that appropriate focus is afforded to the wider aspirations set at a strategic level.
- Support managers to maintain safe systems, providing specialist advice, coaching and practical support.Carry out audits to evaluate the effectiveness of Health and Safety systems and procedures, and identify and implement improvements.
- To investigate, or where appropriate, to assist others to investigate the circumstances and causes of accidents and take necessary steps to prevent a recurrence.
You will be a motivated individual holding a NEBOSH / or GradIOSH professional qualification with knowledge and proven track record of the production, design and management of health and safety systems within the Housing/Construction industry. You will also have extensive knowledge and proven record of developing and applying effective health and safety management strategies and best practice in construction projects and housing delivery and demonstrable and detailed knowledge of current health and safety legislation and its application.
With a professional approach you will be able to quickly generate credibility and confidence and have excellent written and interpersonal skills. You will be confident and assertive with a flexible attitude and have the ability to challenge constructively whilst able to cope with pressure and work to tight deadlines.
Highly organised and able to work under their own initiative, you prioritise and overcome obstacles whilst solving problems to achieve results. You are thorough and attentive to detail, particularly with regard to document and report writing.
If you have the skills and motivation we are looking for and this is of interest to you, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV to Alex.email@example.com
For an informal discussion about this role please call Alex Richardson, Talent Acquisition on +44 7500 952781.