In 2015 Eastleigh Local Area Committee granted outline planning permission for the construction of 94 homes with new road access junction off Woodside Avenue and associated public open space, car parking and landscaping and access to existing allotments. The new development would be commence once the existing household waste recycling centre had been removed from the site.
Full permission was granted in March 2016 for the 94 homes that comprised a combination of 35 one and two bed flats and 59 two, three and four bed houses, of which 35 % are affordable homes. The remaining 65% were for market rent.
All the homes at Woodside Avenue are available for rent providing 36 affordable homes through Hampshire Home Choice together with 58 homes available at market rent.
There are also five houses that will appeal to those families who want to choose an eco-friendly lifestyle. The homes have been built to a high energy efficient standard, are super insulated and also benefit from solar panels. The ventilation system draws heat from the cooker, showers, and immersion and acts like a heat recovery unit to help heat the house hence there is no heating system. To avoid any drafts the homes are in effect ‘sealed’ hence there is also no letter box. All these energy saving measures should help residents to reduce
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Leah Gardens at Woodside Eastleigh is completed
The Aspect partnership between Eastleigh Borough Council and VIVID has celebrated the handover of its first development of 94 affordable and market rent homes in May 2019.
All of the homes are now occupied that include a mix of 36 affordable homes and 58 homes available at market rent. The homes range from one and two bedroom flats to two to four bedroom houses. All the homes benefit from solar photovoltaic panels and water saving devices.
This is the first development to be completed by the Aspect Partnership, with a number of partners helping to deliver housing developments across the Borough. The partnership also provides ground breaking ways to help local people including lifetime market-rent tenancies and ‘Rent to Own’ schemes.
Speaking at the handover ceremony on 16 May Council Leader Cllr Keith House said, “Leah Gardens demonstrates our commitment to providing high-quality affordable homes for the people of Eastleigh. By offering a choice of housing types in this case homes for affordable rent and market rent we are providing real solutions to ensure our residents have the opportunity to have a place to call home - whatever their financial situation.
“Our goal is to build new communities with quality housing and well-designed public open spaces where people can feel safe, thrive and prosper.”
VIVID Chief Executive Mark Perry said, “VIVID is delighted to be partnering with Eastleigh Borough Council to build more homes for local people. The completion of Leah Gardens demonstrates how we can work together to improve the range of housing options and community wellbeing for our customers.”