Itchen Valley Country Park has two permanent BBQ's available for hire
Each barbecue pitch is suitable for parties of up to 60 people. For groups of over 60 both barbeques will need to be booked. Disposable and portable barbecues are not permitted at Itchen Valley Country Park as they present a fire and litter risk.
Barbecue hire costs
Barbecue hire (seven days a week) includes a free parking permit for the person making the booking and a 5kg bag of charcoal per barbecue hired. More can be purchased from the Information Desk.
For a one barbecue £66
For a both barbecues £93
BBQ session times
1 April to 31 October, 11am to 3pm and 4pm to 8pm (see gate closure times below).
- Full hire charge is payable on booking and additional charges will apply if hire overruns or extra cleaning is necessary
- Firelighters and matches are not provided or available here
- Bags of rubbish may be placed in the Eurobins next to the Woodland Café (please bring your own rubbish bags)
- There should be no burning of Chinese lanterns, candles or incense
- Amplified music, lights, marquees and bouncy castles are not allowed (small gazebos are permitted)
- The gates to the Country Park are locked by a security guard at:
- 8:30 pm from 1st April to 30 September
- 6:30 pm from 1st October to 31 March
- Cancellation of a booking will incur the following charges:
- More than 14 days’ notice: no charge
- 7-14 days’ notice: 50% hire charge
- Less than 7 days’ notice: 100% of the Hire Charge
- Bookings are non-transferable unless it is raining on the day when it may be transferred to another available date if agreed with staff prior to booking date