Page last updated at 13 July 2015 at 13:28
News and Changes to Public Transport Services
- First Hampshire-Changes to evening Service 8 Southampton-Hedge End-(Botley)
- Summer bus links to Marwell Wildlife from Eastleigh, Fair Oak, Hedge End and Southampton
- Roadworks at Bishopstoke Riverside affecting Bluestar 2
Click this link to find out more about the above news and for information on other upcoming changes to public transport services in the Borough.
Click the links below to view maps of the Borough's public transport network.
Rail stations serving the Borough are located at:
Click each link above to view live train departures at each station.
A wide variety of rail services operate from these stations. For all rail journey planning and information, please visit National Rail Enquiries or call them on 08457 48 49 50.
Trains serving Eastleigh Borough are operated by South West Trains, Cross Country Trains, Southern and First Great Western.
Eastleigh Borough Council is working with the Three Rivers Community Rail Partnership to promote rail services and make improvements at stations in the Borough. For more information visit: Three Rivers Rail website
A network of regular bus routes connects all parts of the Borough to Southampton, Eastleigh and other major destinations in the area.
Most bus services in South Hampshire are now equipped with free on-board Wi-Fi internet access and operated with low floor buses. This means most buses are accessible to people with pushchairs, buggies or mobility scooters and whilst on the bus, you can use your time to go shopping online, use facebook or twitter, or do work- whilst you let someone else take care of the driving.
The new Solent Go travelcard can be used on buses across Eastleigh. This new travelcard helps make bus travel easier:
- The card makes it easy to hop-on and hop-off public transport, saving you time and speeding up bus journeys
- The card avoids you needing to carry the correct change or multiple paper tickets
- The card covers both bus and ferry travel across the Solent area
More information on this new travelcard is available at the Solent Go website
Some of the bus stops on the main Bluestar 1 route (Southampton-Chandler's Ford- Winchester) have cycle parking at the stop to make it easier for you to cycle to the bus stop, saving time compared to walking from further afield. More information about bus stop cycle parking
Route and timetable information on all bus services operating in the Borough is shown below.
Click the link on each route to view current route and timetable information.
First Hampshire operate the following services:
- X4/ X5 running from Gosport (X5) and Portsmouth (X4) to Fareham, Park Gate and Southampton, via Bursledon and Lowford. Four buses per hour from Bursledon/ Lowford to Southampton City Centre and Fareham, and two buses per hour to Gosport& Portsmouth
- 6/6A which provides two buses an hour between Hamble, Butlocks Heath, Netley, Woolston and Southampton city centre (6a continues to St George's School). Some journeys are supported by EBC.
- 8/8B which provides two buses an hour between Hedge End, West End, Chartwell Green, Bitterne and Southampton City Centre (8B serves Botley in the evenings on Monday to Saturday)
- A running between Hedge End, West End, Mansbridge, Airport Parkway and Eastleigh (hourly service, Sundays only. Service supported by EBC)
- M1 Eastleigh Rail Station- Eastleigh Bus Station- Fair Oak-Marwell, every hour between 1025 and 1725. Operates Saturdays and Sundays and Bank Holidays until 31st August, and every day during school Easter holidays (3-17 April); summer half term (25 to 29 May) and summer holidays (23 July to 31 August).
- M2 Lordshill-Shirley-City Centre-Bitterne-Hedge End- Fair Oak- Marwell. Three journeys each way on Sundays (3 May to 30 August) and Wednesdays (22 July to 26 August).
Timetable information for all First routes is available from their website, or from Traveline through their website, or by phone on 0871 200 22 33 (calls cost 10p per minute, mobile charges may differ, lines open 7am to 10pm everyday).
Bluestar operate the following services:
Timetable information for all Bluestar routes is availablefrom their website or or from Traveline through their website, or by phone on 0871 200 22 33 (calls cost 10p per minute, mobile charges may differ, lines open 7am to 10pm everyday). Bluestar can also be contacted by phone 01983 827 005 (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday).
Uni-link operate the following services:
Timetable information for all Uni-link routes is available from their website or from Traveline through their website, or by phone on 0871 200 22 33 (calls cost 10p per minute, mobile charges may differ, lines open 7am to 10pm everyday). Uni-link can be contacted by phone on 023 8059 5974 (9.30am to 4pm Monday to Friday – term time and 9.30am to 2pm during university vacations).
Brijan operate the following services:
- Service 7 which provides an hourly service between Waltham Chase, Swanmore, Bishop's Waltham, West End, Bitterne and Southampton. Some journeys are supported by EBC.
- Service 8 which provides an hourly service between Waltham Chase, Swanmore, Bishop's Waltham, Botley, Hedge End and Eastleigh
- Service 8B which provides two additional round trips on Thursday market days between Botley, Boorley Green, Horton Heath, Fair Oak, Colden Common, Twyford Road and Eastleigh. Service supported by EBC.
- Service 15 which provides buses every two hours between Hamble, Netley, Bursledon and Hedge End (Monday, Wednesday and Friday only)
Timetable information for all Brijan services is available on the Brijan website or from Traveline through their website, or by phone on 0871 200 22 33 (calls cost 10p per minute, mobile charges may differ, lines open 7am to 10pm everyday).
Stagecoach operate the following services:
Timetable information for all Stagecoach services is available on the Stagecoach website or from Traveline through their website, or by phone on 0871 200 22 33 (calls cost 10p per minute, mobile charges may differ, lines open 7am to 10pm everyday). Stagecoach can be contacted by phone on 0845 121 0190.
Xelabus operate the following services:
- X1 Bishopstoke and Riverside to Eastleigh via Underwood Road and Stoke Common (3 round trips each day Monday to Friday)
- X2 Eastleigh to Boyatt Wood (3 round trips each day Monday to Friday)
- X3 Eastleigh to Boyatt Wood, Fleming Park, ASDA Chandler's Ford (3 round trips each day Monday to Friday)
- X4 Eastleigh to Airport Parkway, Mansbridge, West End and Hedge End (Half hourly service Monday to Friday; hourly on Saturday)
- X5 Southampton Airport Parkway station to Chandler's Ford Business Parks, Templars Way, School Lane and Chandler's Ford station (Monday to friday service, every 15-20 minutes morning and evening peaks; half-hourly off-peak). Service supported by EBC.
- X6/X7 Hiltingbury, Fryern Hill, Chandler's Ford and Velmore to Eastleigh (Half hourly service Monday to Friday; hourly on Saturday and Sunday). Some journeys supported by EBC.
- X8 Eastleigh to Boyatt Wood circular (Hourly Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings and Sunday daytimes).
- X11 Hedge End to Bitterne, Southampton, Shirley, Southampton General Hospital and Lordshill (Hourly Monday to Saturday)
- X14 Bitterne to Bursledon Tesco shopper service. Service operates four journeys each way Monday, Wednesday and Friday only.
- X56 Hamble, Netley, Bursledon and Hedge End to Eastleigh (Three return journeys, Thursdays only). Service supported by EBC.
- Various services to and from Barton Peveril College and other schools/ colleges.
Timetable information for all Xelabus services is available on the Xelabus website or from Traveline through their website, or by phone on 0871 200 22 33 (calls cost 10p per minute, mobile charges may differ, lines open 7am to 10pm everyday). Xelabus can be contacted by phone on 023 8064 4715.
Wheelers Connect operates the following routes:
Timetable information for Wheelers Connect services is available on theWheelers website
or from Traveline through their website
, or by phone on 0871 200 22 33 (calls cost 10p per minute, mobile charges may differ, lines open 7am to 10pm everyday). Wheelers Connect can be contacted by phone on 023 8047 1800.
Taxi Share Services
A shared taxi service with fares similar to bus services is operated in some areas. Passengers need to book in advance and the journey will be operated by a taxi. Some taxishare services receive financial support from EBC. The links below provide more information on these services.
Megabus operate scheduled coach services from Southampton Airport to Oxford, Coventry, Birmingham airport, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Middlesbrough, Sunderland and Newcastle. Please visit the Megabus website for more information on this and other services.
Community Transport Services in Eastleigh Borough
For information about the EastleighDial-a-ride service visit: One Community Transport website or telephone 023 8090 2450 or 023 8090 2432.
For information on transport services provided by One Community such as HedgeEnd Park mini bus, Parish Link minibus service and Eastleigh Shopmobility visit One Community Transport Services or telephone 023 8090 2400.
Good Neighbour Schemes
Good neighbours schemes provide support for people with special needs living in their local community, including transport to essential appointments and shopping. For more information on Good Neighbours Schemes in the Eastleigh area,please click here, or for local information please use the contact details below:
Bishopstoke Good Neighbours scheme – 023 8061 6916 or 023 8069 3094
Botley Neighbour Care – 07857 242 218
Bursledon Good Neighbours – 08456 447 506
Chandler’s Ford Good Neighbours – 07914 757 380
Eastleigh Good Neighbours – 023 8064 2420
Hamble Good Neighbours – 023 8045 2164 or 023 8045 2273
The Hamble-Warsash ferry provides a service across the River Hamble. Foot passengers and bikes are carried. Operating hours are 9am to 6pm in summer and 9am to 4pm in winter. There is no timetable or need to book in advance as the ferry operates on demand.
Up to 12 passengers can be carried at a time. Wheelchair passengers can be also carried as a ramp is available- please call in advance to arrange.
Operator: Hamble–Warsash Ferry; The Ferry Hard, Hamble, Southampton, SO31 4JB
Telephone: 023 8045 4512 or 07720438402
Supported Public Transport Services
Some bus services in the Borough operate with financial support from Eastleigh Borough Council. For more information on these services, please click here.
Journey Planning and Advice
Numerous online journey planners exist to help you plan your journeys. Links to some of these are shown below.
The My Journey Planner provides travel advice for bus, rail, coach,ferry, cycling and car journeys- or any combination of these.
Traveline is an online public transport journey planning service. If you have a query regarding the times of public transport services both locally and nationally then contact traveline on 0871 200 22 33 (calls cost 10p per minute, mobile charges may differ, open 7am to 10pm everyday).
Finally, Google Maps offers a good journey planner option- just enter where you want to travel from and to (eg "Fryern Hill shops to Fair Oak Square" and click the icons for bus/ driving/ cycling and walking to view possible options for your journey).
Mobile Journey Planner Apps
There are several journey planner apps available for smartphones so you can plan your trip on the go. These include:
Southampton Buses https://itunes.apple.com/th/app/southampton-buses/id866563559
If you have any comments or queries regarding bus services in the Eastleigh area then your first point of contact should be the Passenger Transport Team at Hampshire County Council on 0845 603 5633
If you wish to make a formal complaint about bus services in the local area you should contact the Traffic Commissioner at the Western Traffic Area Office, 2 Rivergate, Temple Quay, Bristol. BS1 6EH Telephone 0870 606 0440.
Queries and comments regarding the concessionary fare scheme should be directed to Hampshire County Council , telephone 0845 045 8355.
Bus Users UK
Bus Users UK represents bus passengers. They aim to help communication between bus users and the people that provide your bus service. They organise Bus Users' Surgeries around the country, set up local groups of bus users and campaign on behalf of bus passengers. You can join Bus Users UK as an individual member; further details on their website.
Bus Users UK can also help out if something unsatisfactory happens on your bus journey, whether you're a member or not. If you have a problem on a bus journey, please let the bus company know first. If you don't feel they have resolved it to your satisfaction, contact Bus Users UK giving them as much detail as you can. They will take things further for you. If they can't resolve it, they are partners in the Bus Appeals Body who will issue a decision about your difficulty.
Bus Users UK PO Box 119 Shepperton TW17 8UX
Tel: 01932 232574