Page last updated at 12 June 2015 at 13:07
Eastleigh Borough Council is committed to promoting the importance of Play in children's lives. It has a Play Strategy which outlines it's vision for the future of childrens play within the borough over the next 10 years.
'Play is an essential part of every child's life and vital to the processes of human development'
Safe places to play near home, safe streets, parks, playgrounds and play areas
- Lots of opportunities to play with friends, parents and other adults.
- Good quality local play services, after school clubs, holiday play schemes, adventure playgrounds, playgroups, toy libraries and play buses
- Supervised play activities in schools, hospitals, clinics and shopping areas.
- Well trained playworkers.
Hampshire Play Network
Eastleigh is a member of the Hampshire Play Network which is an independent organisation which acts as a regional focus for all issues relating to supervised play for children from four to fourteen years old and children with additional needs up to nineteen years old.
Its aims and objectives are to:
- Provide a support network for play projects and represent their views
- Raise awareness of the importance and value of children's play.
- Work in partnership to ensure a common understanding of good Playwork.