Every year we seek nominations for our annual Youth Awards, a special acknowledgment of the voluntary work carried out by young people between the ages of 11 and 18.
These awards are supported by Eastleigh Lions and One Community and are awarded to recognise those young people who regularly give up their time to help others. From helping older people, being a carer for family or friends and fundraising for a good cause to taking a role in an organisation like the Scouts or helping in school, their support is invaluable.
Young people can be nominated for either a gold or silver award.
A gold award is for at least 100 hours of volunteering in the previous 12 months (from date of nomination).
A silver award is for at least 50 hours of volunteering in the previous 12 months (from date of nomination).
- You must have known the young person you nominate for more than six months.
- You must not be related to the young person.
- The young person must either live in the Borough of Eastleigh or undertake the activity they are being recognised for in the Borough of Eastleigh.
- The young person must be under the age of 19 on 1 June.
- The young person must know they are being nominated and why.
- Their parent/carer must be aware of the nomination.
All nominees will be invited to attend One Community’s Volunteer Award evening which takes place during National Volunteers’ Week, the UK's biggest celebration of volunteering.