COVID-19 update: We are now working to ensure safe social distancing for the opening of non-essential shops across the town centre. Unfortunately the Market and car boot sale will remain closed.
Eastleigh's traditional weekly market and car boot sale* take place every Thursday and Saturday. Located in Leigh Road/Market Place precinct, it is conveniently located right next to the bus station and just a two minute walk from the train station.
Eastleigh Market - 9am-4pm
The markets offer a variety of stall-holders selling a range of products such as local produce, household essentials, flowers and plants, entertainment, gifts and more.
Trader information can be found on our Business section.
Car Boot Sale - 9am-1pm
Price for sellers (arrive from 8am):
- £5 for a car
- £10 for a van
- £5 extra for a trailer
- £5 for table hire
Note to sellers
- No need to book ahead, simply turn up!
- Please arrive from 8am at the Leigh Road entrance towards Market Place, forming a queue alongside the Leigh Road parking bays. Sellers will then enter the precinct via the Railway Man statue (outside Domino's Pizza) - this area will be signposted.
- At the entrance to the site, sellers will pay their fee (cash only) to the car boot sale supervisor and sign to accept the rules and regulations. The car boot sale supervisor will have ultimate discretion on the size of a vehicle in accordance with UK regulations.
- Vehicle registrations will be noted for our attendance log.
- Sellers will be guided to their pitch by our marshals.
* the car boot sale will run every week unless there is a major event in the town centre.
We recently surveyed our car boot sellers, here are some of the lovely comments we received:
"First class car boot excellent staff! I recommend it to other car booters. Lovely setting and nice people"
"Brilliant car boot, excellent location. I recommend it to everybody by word of mouth and social media. Great staff, very helpful and friendly"
"Good to be on hard standing and good amount of space per stall"
"very welcoming and smiling faces, very helpful. You're doing a great job guys"
"It's fantastic. The supervisors are so helpful. We feel very happy, comfortable and safe. Thank you"