Page last updated at 20 September 2017 at 16:00
Eastleigh Compact Document
The Compact is an agreement between Eastleigh Borough Council and voluntary and community sector organisations. It outlines how all parties will work together and would normally outline a framework for working together in the future. It is a mutually agreed document which represents the interests of voluntary and community organisations and the public sector who share a fundamental aim to serve and represent the interests of local people and communities.
The compact is not a legal document; it is a public statement of intent. It is a mutual agreement between those organisations who wish to sign up to it.
Many local groups have signed up to the Eastleigh Compact and have received a Certificate.
The benefits of the Eastleigh Compact to the voluntary and community sector are:
- To ensure that resources are used effectively and not wasted.
- To give consistency in relationships between Eastleigh Borough Council and voluntary and community sector.
- To have a framework to allow issues to be resolved in a constructive way.
- To increase awareness about the role of each sector.
- To extend the capacity of the voluntary and community sector to participate in decision-making processes.
- To allow the voluntary and community sector better access to resources within the public sector, funding, partnerships, consultation, contracts, capacity building, equal opportunities and volunteering.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org