Running an event

Street parties, parades, carnivals etc

Page last updated at 24 May 2017 at 16:24

Run a Safe Event 

If you’re planning a public event, there’s quite a lot to think about to ensure that your event is a safe one and that people can enjoy it, but without causing nuisance or disruption to others. And it’s important that you comply with all the legal requirements for your event because if you don’t, it may not be able to happen.

Eastleigh Borough Council wants to be as helpful as possible to anyone thinking or running an event - In the last year we have helped many groups to plan and organise safe and successful events, from street parties, carnivals to fun runs and parades to concerts.

To help us to help you, we need plenty of warning of the event and as much information as possible. To make this easy there is now a new event application form.

This event application form covers  all you need to think about including:

Closing roads or stopping traffic

Licences to sell alcohol, play music or run a draw

Making sure you have adequate insurance

Getting rid of your rubbish after the event

Once we have your form we can give you help and advice on planning your event and getting the permissions and licences that you need, working with the police if needed. We’ll also include it on the community events list on the council website.  

Please remember to allow plenty of time – we really need your form three months before your event as plenty of notice is needed for road closures and licence applications. For more information, please contact Philippa Banner  on 023 8068 8358.