Eastleigh Borough Council’s Local Plan 2016-2036 consultation will get underway at 12 noon on Monday 25 June 2018. The consultation will run until 12 midnight on Monday 6th August.
The Local Plan document together with all the supporting evidence can be found on the Council’s website www.eastleigh.gov.uk/localplan2016-2036 together with all the dates for the consultation drop in sessions.
It was agreed at the Council meeting last December that the Chief Executive would be given the final sign off of the Local Plan under delegated powers subject to receipt of all the required technical and legal advice and reports. These have now been received and the Chief Executive has, today, formally signed off the Local Plan.
The Local Plan document and key assessments will also be available to view at local libraries together with Parish/Town Council offices and Eastleigh House.
The Local Plan is the key document that will help shape Eastleigh Borough over the coming years. All local authorities must have a Local Plan and our Plan outlines a vision for the Borough:
‘To ensure development in Eastleigh Borough and its communities delivers a strong and sustainable economy with an adequate supply of housing and infrastructure that supports improved standards of living for residents while protecting the distinct identity of towns and villages and preventing urban sprawl; promoting thriving and healthy communities; and maintaining an attractive and sustainable environment that residents value.’
There are 13 objectives in the Plan that cover
- tackling congestion;
- developing green infrastructure (providing green links to safeguard wildlife and natural resources);
- encouraging a sustainable community through effective low carbon and water efficient planning and design;
- maintaining the identity of towns and villages;
- excellent environment for all;
- minimising waste and managing resources;
- protecting and enhancing biodiversity;
- enabling healthier lifestyles / wellbeing;
- tackling deprivation;
- increased provision and more diverse mix of housing;
- ensuring appropriate infrastructure including employment land;
- enabling the right skills and employment mix and reinvigorating town and local centres.
- Re-invigorating town and village centres
In order to make the Local Plan easier for local people to view the areas they are interested in, the consultation survey will be grouped into themes and into local areas, so you can answer as much or as little as you choose. The survey will be available on our website from12 noon on Monday 25 June.
If you are unable to respond online you can send your responses in writing. Response forms will be available at Eastleigh House, Parish/Town Councils and at all the drop in sessions. Please send your comments to: Local Plan Consultation, Eastleigh Borough Council, Eastleigh House, Upper Market Street, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 9YN