Theatres Bar Supervisor
Salary Band 3, £19,817 per annum
Full time - (37 hours per week)
Eastleigh Borough Council is an ambitious and progressive council. We are recognised for our innovation and achievements, and for delivering high quality services to our customers and the community. We are constantly evolving and we have just completed a major transformation programme that has changed the way we work to ensure a smarter and more efficient approach to service delivery.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Bar Supervisor to join The Arts and Culture Service.
The Point &The Berry Theatre are looking for a dynamic Bar Supervisor to run the bar service across its venues and activities.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has outstanding bar / barista knowledge and expertise, and would like to apply these to a diverse arts and theatre setting.
The ideal candidate will have lots of enthusiasm, great customer care and an eye for detail in order to run our bars efficiently and effectively. The role will manage staff and design the customer offer across two arts venues, ensuring that visitors have a great experience when they visit us.
This role is required to work at The Point, Eastleigh and The Berry Hedge End as well as occasional external festival locations across Eastleigh Borough.
Hours will involve a changing shift pattern to service our Theatre programmes and will be predominantly evening and weekends.
To be successful in this role you will have the following essential experience:
- Immaculate personal presentation
- Passion for delivering an exceptional visitor experience
- Meticulous eye for detail with excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills with a confident and outgoing personality and ability to interact with people at all levels
- Able to lead and train others with a positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to multi-task and work in a busy, fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to take initiative and a practical approach to problem solving
- Positive and flexible approach to work as evening and weekend work will be required
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Experience of cash handling and till reconciliation
- Good numeracy skills
- Substantial relevant experience including bar work and working in a customer orientated environment
- Good understanding of stock management
The following is desirable experience
- Passionate about customer service and the food and beverage industry
- Bar product knowledge and experience with sales to large numbers
- Barista experience
- Events service in a venue environment ie weddings & conferences
- Interest in the arts
- Evidence of business acumen and in particular commercial understanding and experience of income generation
If you are excited by this opportunity and feel you have the skills, experience and attitude we are looking for we would love to hear from you.
At Eastleigh, we are committed to supporting and developing all our staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable. We offer excellent opportunities for continuous professional development and support our staff in maintaining a good work life balance. We also have excellent package of benefits including:
- 22-27 days annual leave dependant on service
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- Places Leisure, Eastleigh – 30% off Full Membership
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Car and Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
- Good work life balance
Please complete your application and return by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion please contact Janice Munday, email@example.com, 023 8065 2333
Closing date: 31 May 2020
Interview date: To be confirmed