Salary Band 3 - £19,817 - £22,674
37 hours a week over 7 days to include evening and weekend working
Eastleigh Borough Council is an ambitious and progressive council. We are recognised for our innovation and achievements, and for delivering high quality services to our customers and the community. We are constantly evolving and we have just completed a major transformation programme that has changed the way we work to ensure a smarter and more efficient approach to service delivery.
The Point & The Berry Theatre are looking for an experienced Technician to join our ambitious Technical team responsible for running technical services across its venues and activities.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has outstanding sector technical knowledge and expertise and would like to apply these to a diverse arts and theatre setting.
The ideal candidate will have lots of enthusiasm, great customer care and an eye for detail.
This role is required to work at The Point, Eastleigh and The Berry, Hedge End as well as occasional external festival locations across Eastleigh Borough.
Hours will involve a changing shift pattern to service our Theatre programmes and will require evening and weekend working
OVERVIEW OF ROLE DUTIES
To assist the Technical Manager & Technical Supervisor in all aspects of the operations and technical functions of The Point and The Berry theatres and external activity and oversee the casual technicians. This role is required to work across 2 venues.
To be successful in this role you will have the following essential experience:
- Sound technical knowledge of the operation and maintenance of technical theatre equipment.
- Ability to follow strict health and safety procedures.
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Sound technical knowledge for all programmed events including theatre, cinema, conference and exhibitions.
- Coordinating staff
- Responsible for the sound, lighting and electrical equipment within the venues.
- Liaising with visiting companies (professional and community users) regarding their technical requirements, taking the lead in their absence as necessary.
- Building strong relationships with managers and team members promoting a supportive culture based on excellence, professionalism and consistent communication
The following is desirable experience:
- Duty Technician experience with responsibility for all the equipment and security of buildings
If you are excited by this opportunity and feel you have the skills, experience and attitude we are looking for we would love to hear from you.
At Eastleigh, we are committed to supporting and developing all our staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable. We offer excellent opportunities for continuous professional development and support our staff in maintaining a good work life balance through our innovative flexi time system. We also have excellent package of benefits including:
- 22-27 days annual leave dependant on service
- Flexible working arrangements and ability to accrue up to 2 days additional flexi leave per month (subject to operational requirements)
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- Places Leisure, Eastleigh – 30% off Full Membership
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Car and Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
- Good work life balance
For an informal discussion please contact:
Technical Manager Tim Slater email@example.com or 023 8062 7803
Business Manager Louisa Milburn Louisa.Milburn@eastleigh.gov.uk 023 8062 7822
Closing date: 14 February 2020
Interview date: 26 February 2020